This is just FYI, but if you’re lost in the middle of all the acronyms going around, this might be useful. maybe you find yourself LOL with the list, and some are NSFW. In the end, it might be TMI anyway.
The list was compiled from this post and its comments.
Technical Twitter abbreviations:
* MT = Modified tweet. This means the tweet you’re looking at is a paraphrase of a tweet originally written by someone else.
* RT = Retweet. The tweet you’re looking at was forwarded to you by another user.
* DM = Direct message. A direct-message is a message only you and the person who sent it can read. IMPORTANT: To DM someone all you need to type is D username message.
* PRT = Partial retweet. The tweet you’re looking at is the truncated version of someone else’s tweet.
* HT = Hat tip. This is a way of attributing a link to another Twitter user.
* CC = Carbon-copy. Works the same way as email.
Acronyms (alphabetical order):
AFAIK – As far as I know’
AFK – away from keyboard
AYFKMWTS – Are you f—ing kidding me with this s—?
BFN – Bye for now
BTW – By the way
DEU – Defective end user (common PC tech problem fixing stuff that should never need to be fixed)
#FF – Follow Friday (people you think others should follow)
FML – F— my life (extreme frustration)
FTW – For the win
FWIW – For what it’s worth
FYI – for yor information
GMTA – great minds think alike
GTFOOH – Get the f— out of here
IANAL – I am not a lawyer
IDK – I don’t know
IDK – I dont know
ID Ten T (spoken) reads “ID10T”
IKR – I know right?
ILY – I love you
IMHO – In my humble opnion
IMO – In my opinion
IRL – In real life
Jk – Just kidding/joke
Js – Just saying
KWIM – Know what I mean
LOL – laughing out loud
NFW – No f—ing way
NSFW – Not safe for work
OH – Overheard
OMG – Oh my gosh/god
PEBKAC – Problem exists between keyboard and chair
Pls – Please As in, Pls RT
QOTD – quote of the day
RBN – Right Bloody Now (Brit)
RFN – Right F——digi Now (US)
ROFLMAOPMP – rolling on floor laughing my a– of pissing my pants
ROFLMAO – rolling on floor laughing my a– off
ROFL – rolling on floor laughing
STFU – Shut The F— Up
TA – Thanks alot (Brit)
TMI – Too much information
TTFN – Ta-Ta for Now (Brit)
TWSS – Thats what she said
TY – Thank you
WTF – Worse than failure / Why The Face / What the F—?
WTH – What the hell
YW – You’re welcome